Saturday, November 14

Born Again

We have a lot to celebrate! On October 21st, Austin gave his heart to Jesus and got a brand new birth date. We are so excited for him. He came into our room late that night after AWANAs at church and was asking questions about becoming a Christian and being baptized. Bobby and I talked and prayed with him. I will never forget his beaming smile as Bobby asked him, "Where is Jesus, now?" and he proudly pointed to his heart.

The Christian Challenge had a planned baptism night for this Thursday. They had several college students wanting to be baptized and Austin really wanted to be in that group. Daddy dunked him in a large horse trough that was set up on the stage. : ) Some of our family and friends were also able to come and join in our celebration.

Bobby asked Uncle Todd, Pastor Bryan, Coach Brian and Papa to share with Austin what it means for them to walk with God. These are all special men in Austin's life and I was so touched as each of them shared, in their own unique way, what it meant for them to follow Jesus. It was precious.

Bobby gave Austin a short description of the armor of God and presented him with his very own "sword," a new Adventure Bible from Mom and Dad. It was a very special night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! That's fantastic! I'm so happy for him :)

Jen said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate! And what a blessing for Austin to have so many godly men in his life. Hey, is that Perry in that picture?! Just kidding. : )

sarah h said...

Hooray! That's wonderful news! I love that y'all had the other influential men share with him-- how special!