Monday, December 14

A Dream Come True

When we drive through Albuquerque, Bobby always lets out this long sigh and says something like, "I love this town. Don't you wish we lived here?"
And my answer is always the same. "No."

We have divided loyalties when it comes to the universities in New Mexico anyway. We have been students at both schools and on staff at the BSU at both schools. We cheer for the Lobos (UNM) in sports but that is primarily because they have better teams to cheer for. : ) We met and fell in love at NMSU. There are special memories and relationships in both places.

A few weeks ago, Bobby was offered and accepted the Director position of the BSU at UNM. It is a chance of a life time for him. As I look at what God has done in his life over the past few years, I feel confident that He was preparing Bobby for this job. I know that he has a deep desire for God's name to be honored on that campus. He will have the chance to create and set the vision for a ministry at a school that he loves. I'm excited to watch him lead again.

We are all in a little bit of denial that we are moving. We have a wonderful life here, that we will miss. It's difficult to think about leaving our community and friends, but we look forward to the new opportunities that wait for us in Albuquerque.

Go Lobos!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

internally telling myself "it's only a few hours away, and you'll see them at state events".

I'm excited for y'all! And that university and city. You are such a blessing, and I'm excited to see what happens at UNM (although, I still dislike the school in general...sorry, it's just how it's going to be).

cody and carrie said...

Woo hoo! i cannot agree with your "go lobos" sentiment at all, but I sure am glad you are moving here!!!

Jeff and Erin said...

wow, that's great! Congrats Bobby, you will be such a blessing to those students!

sarah h said...

wow! That's exciting. Ditto to Erin, the UNM students will be so blessed by your whole family. We hope the transition is smooth. When does he start?

Sam Moon Christensen said...

Congratulations Bobby, I cannot think of a better fit for UNM.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so exciting and probably a bit nervewrecking, too. We are so pleased for the adventures that await the Ericksons in a new place. Just one question...is it ANY closer to Denver? (I'm still a little geographically challenged in this part of the states!) :-) Merry Christmas to you all! Laura

Paul & Nat said...

The Lobos are LUCKY :)
Miss you guys
-Nat