Friday, September 10

The Call!!

Tuesday morning everything was quiet and calm at our house. The boys were busy doing their school work and I was getting Aiden out of the bathtub when I thought I heard a woman's voice coming from the living room. We have a land line that we never use and the only people who call consistently are solicitors, so the ringer is turned off. But our adoption agency is one of the few that has that number!

By the time I made it to the answering machine, my cell phone was ringing and my heart started to pound. I picked up my phone . . . Call from . . . AAI!

Hello?

Hi Tyra. This is Merrily from AAI. Did I catch you at a bad time?

No!

I'm calling to talk to you about a baby girl . . .

She went on to tell me all the information that they know about this precious baby girl. She is tiny and around two months old, although I think she looks a little older than that. Merrily told me about the medical exam and the lab reports and that she is in need of a family.

At the end of the conversation she said, "I bet you thought I was never going to call." : ) I was in complete shock that she was telling me about the girl that we have been praying and hoping for. How can you wait for something and still be in shock when it happens? I don't know but that's how it went for me.

Merrily told me that she would email the file and the picture as soon as we got off the phone. We could give the information to our pediatrician and case worker to get their opinion and feed back, then we would need to give them an answer.

To be continued . . .

4 comments:

mab said...

My heart is racing for you guys.... wow! This is exciting!!!

Erickson Family said...

Thanks Mandi!! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

SO Excited for you !!!!
Love,
Kaela

Anonymous said...

SO Excited for you !!!!
Love,
Kaela