It took a little while to find Bobby. He was on campus at a meeting and my calls were not going through. I tried the office but they said that he had not returned from his meeting. Finally, I texted, "We have a baby!"
I got a call a few minutes later from a very happy husband walking back to his office. We agreed that I would wait until he got back to his office so that we could open the email at the same time. When he was finally at his desk, he called me back and we opened the email to see the sweet face that will, Lord willing, become our daughter. Mine did not immediately open the photo attachment but Bobby's computer did. I heard him sigh, "oh, how beautiful!" And I knew that he was crying. I'm still frantically trying to open my attachments. : )
"What? What are you seeing? You can see her?"
Finally, I got my picture up and the boys and I all stared at the precious face on the computer. It was a sweet moment.
Bobby invited Serena and Kyle (the staff in the office at the time) into his office to celebrate with him. We were all celebrating and talking at the same time. I remember Serena asking if I would know how to fix her hair. The answer is "no" but I hope to learn. : )
I sent the medical exam and lab report to my sister for her to look over but I knew that there was nothing that would keep us from saying, "Yes!"
So, I wrote an email back to our agency in Washington and said that we would like to adopt this precious girl.
They sent a pile of paperwork for us to sign. We needed to sign every page, including a copy of the picture that we have of her. However, we are not allowed to publish the picture here until after we pass court in Ethiopia.
Please pray with us that she has all of her needs met by very tender and loving hands. We will now wait for a court date in Ethiopia to meet with a judge to decide our case. Now that we have a name and a face, we are ready for that day to be tomorrow. : )


10 comments:
How exciting! I can only imagine how thrilled you are! Praise Jesus!
Yay! Yay! Yay! Can't wait to see her sweet face!
YAY! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet her.
yay!!! I'm so stinkin' excited for you guys! Praying for this next waiting period and rejoicing with your family!
woooohoo!! I am so excited for you guys! Praying for you all as you wait for your little princess!
Wow!!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm beyond excited!!!
Nat
How wonderful! I can't even imagine the excitement and joy that is building inside your hearts!
Congratulations -- that's so exciting!
Hooray!!
I'm so excited for you!! I'm in tears! Can't wait to see her precious face. Court date come soon!!!
Post a Comment