I'm fighting tonight. Fighting to keep a sense of peace. Fighting to focus on my life and the necessities of keeping this house running. Fighting off a weight that keeps creeping on me.
When we first realized that our adoption would be delayed, February 9th seemed like an eternity away and I was sad that it might be our embassy date instead of sometime in January like we had originally thought. Tonight I realized that we needed to pass court TODAY to be eligible for the Feb 9th date. As far as I know, our paperwork is not even in Ethiopia yet. It's unlikely that we will pass court before Christmas.
It could be March before I see my baby girl again . . . and that makes my heart hurt.
(After we pass court it takes about 6-9 weeks to get the paperwork in order for the US embassy (court decree from Ethiopian Gov., passport, birth certificate, etc.) and that needs to be submitted to the embassy two weeks before the appointment. Every agency has specific days for embassy appointments. Our agency has appointments on Wednesday: January 12th, January 26th, February 9th, February 23rd, March 9th, etc..)
No comments:
Post a Comment