




Andrew gave his heart to God a long time ago, but I'm so glad that he waited until now to be baptized. He told me right before that he felt that God wanted him to be baptized now and that it felt like the right time. Is there anything more precious than watching your children hear from the Lord on their own and feel led by Him? I'm so grateful for what God is doing in Andrew's heart and how He is drawing him into a relationship with Himself.
Andrew was baptized on Wednesday night after a church meeting. Nana was able to come from Tucson and Grandma and Papa were also able to come. We asked several important people in Andrew's life to speak to him on this special day. Kyle and Paul have known Andrew since they were college students at NMSU. Uncle Todd read a letter that he had written to Andrew and presented him with a new journal. Papa talked to him about obedience and identifying with Christ and he and Grandma presented him with a devotional book. Bobby and I gave him a new Bible with his name on it and Bobby spoke to him about putting on the whole armor of God with a necklace to help him remember each part.
It was a special, wonderful night.
1 comment:
I love that Bobby has gotten to baptize two of your boys now! So excited for Andrew AND Austin as they continue their journeys. Hopefully Aiden will follow suit despite the obvious setback of not having the tremendous SS teachers that Andrew and Austin did as preschoolers. : ) You know I'm kidding... : )
Post a Comment