Wednesday, February 2

Extreme Makeover meets Design on a Dime, Reinforcements


We enlisted some out-of-state help in my friend Jen, who I convinced to come help for a weekend. I promised her we would have fun . . . and we did. That weekend just turned out to be a little more stressful than I expected. We painted diaper boxes, took pictures of toys and printed them, made marble magnets, laminated alphabets . . . lots of good stuff.







We have been using empty Target diaper boxes to organize toys in the closet for years, not the prettiest organizational tool. Teri had the idea to paint the boxes and then cover them with contact paper. We added pictures as labels -trains, cars, dinosaurs, blocks, and dress up/weapons (I have boys : ). I think they turned out cute.






This magnet board is one of my favorite things that we created. Did you know there was such a thing as magnetic paint?? It even works! We painted this part of the wall with magnetic paint and then covered it with the blue paint that we wanted as the border. Then we trimmed it with green trim board. The laminated maps do add a little bit more resistance for the magnets than just the wall itself so we had to use super strength magnets for our marbles. I love how the marble magnets turned out! We made a marble for each of the kids and hope to make more later. The boys have played with it so much already, which makes me happy.



The night before our last court date Austin came to talk to me after everyone was in bed. "What time tomorrow will we hear about our court date?" I answered that I wasn't sure. "I flew Desta's magnet all the way from Ethiopia to our house. I can't wait to hold her and snuggle with her." He's such a sweet little guy.

No comments: